Frequently Asked Question
How to fix the YouTube "brand account" issue
Last Updated 2 years ago
Issue:When trying to access YouTube, you see a web page like shown below:
NOTE: A Brand Account is often created if you create your own YouTube Channnel.
How to resolve:
- Since the account integration in Chrome may interfere with this process, you should follow these steps through Firefox. Open the Firefox icon on your desktop.
- From within Firefox, open http://www.youtube.com and sign in with your @dcboe.com account.
- You will see the notice screen again. Scroll down and click on the link that says "YouTube channel switcher". It may prompt you to sign again.
- On the screen that lists the channels, select the one that shows your @dcboe.com email address. You will then see YouTube, but additional steps are needed for it to remember this setting.
- Click on your user icon at the top-right corner of YouTube, then click "Switch account".
- Click on your name
- Once again, click on your user icon at the top-right corner of YouTube. This time click "Sign out"
- The problem should now be resolved. When you access YouTube through the Chrome browser, it should open correctly.