Frequently Asked Question
How to Powerwash a Chromebook. Should be done by Media Specialist.
Last Updated 2 years ago
- Press Esc + + Power. The screen displays a yellow exclamation point (!)
- Press Ctrl + D to begin dev mode, then Enter. The screen displays a red exclamation point.
- Press Ctrl + D. The Chromebook deletes its local data, returning to its initial state. The deletion takes approximately 15 minutes.
- If Forced re-enrollment is enabled for the device you are attempting to wipe, you will see a note that developer mode is blocked. This shortened wipe process will still allow for re-enrollment when it automatically reboots into verified mode.
- When the transition completes, press the spacebar, then press Enter to return to verified mode.
- Enroll the Chromebook before signing in to it. (see knowledgebase for instructions)