How to fix a screen flashing off and on
Last Updated 3 years ago
If you have a Chromebook where the screen is flashing off and on and showing the message "Warning..Google was not shut down properly", please follow the steps below to fix this issue.
1. Log in using your @student.dcboe.com (i.e. email@example.com) account to the Chromebook.
2. Click on your account picture in the bottom right hand corner
3. Click Settings About Chrome OS.
4. In the "About" window that appears, click Check for and apply updates. Your Chromebook will start to install any available updates.
5. After the updates are installed, click Restart to update.
To confirm that your Chromebook is up to date, you can check the "About" window.