Frequently Asked Question
How to add a Chrome website desktop icon
Last Updated 2 years ago
- Open the Chrome web browser and go to the website you would like to create a shortcut.
- Go to the Chrome menu, located in the upper right-hand corner of the browser and represented by three vertically aligned dots.
- Select More tools and choose either Add to desktop, Create shortcut, or Create application shortcuts (the option you see depends on your operating system).
4. Type a name for the shortcut or leave the default name, which is the title of the web page.
5. Select Create to add the shortcut to your desktop.
More Information on Creating Chrome ShortcutsThe above method isn't the only way to make shortcuts that open in Chrome. Here are some other ways to create a shortcut to a web page:
CREATE A SHORTCUT IN A FOLDER
- Highlight a URL in the address bar.
- Drag the link to a folder on your computer.
CREATE A SHORTCUT ON THE DESKTOP
- Right-click the desktop, go to New, and select Shortcut.
- Enter the URL and select Next.
- Type a name for the shortcut and select Finish.
CREATE A SHORTCUT ON THE TASKBAR
- Select a shortcut on the desktop.
- Drag the shortcut to the Windows taskbar.