Frequently Asked Question
How to update your Chromebook's operating system
Last Updated 4 years ago
Check for updates yourself
- Turn on your Chromebook.
- Connect your Chromebook to Wi-Fi.
- Click your account photo.
- Click Settings .
- Click Menu About Chrome OS.
- Under "Google Chrome OS," you'll see which version of the Chrome operating system your Chromebook is using.
- Click Check for Updates.
- If your Chromebook finds a software update, it will start to download automatically.
Finish an update
- When your Chromebook downloads a software update, near your account photo, look for Update .
- To finish the update, click Update Restart to Update.
- Your Chromebook will restart.